Mediation, Legal and Teaching Experience
Samuel R. Graham, Attorney-Mediator-Arbitrator (1991 - Present)
- Mediated over 2000 disputes, approximately forty percent of which involved more than two parties.
- Completed 40 Hour Attorney-Mediator Institute Training, August 1991.
- Completed 40 Hour CDR Training, Divorce & Child Custody Mediation,June 1993.
- Completed 20 Hour Family Mediation Training, Austin Association of Mediators, May 1994.
- Completed 24 Hour The Center for Public Policy Dispute Resolution and CDR Associates Training, Negotiating Complex Public Disputes, August 1994.
- Completed Arbitration Training, American Arbitration Association, April, 1994.
- Attorney in complex probate litigation, eminent domain and personal injury cases including professional malpractice claims.
- Fulbright Scholar 2012-13; 2013-14; taught ADR and American Law at The National University of Ukraine, "Odessa Academy of Law"
- Taught ADR at St. Petersburgh, Russia, State University, Faculty of Law, spring 2011; at University of Tartu, Estonia 2010 and 2012; and at University of Latvia, Riga, 2010.
- Fulbright Scholar 2012-13; 2013-14; taught ADR and American Law at The National University of Ukraine, "Odessa Academy of Law".
- Facilitator, Planning Retreat, Jones Day law firm, March 1993.
- Facilitator: Austin Electric Utility Commission Public Forums May 13/14,20/21, 1996, concerning long-term strategic planning for the Austin Electric Utility.
- Co-Facilitator, BCCP Public Access Forum, December, 1998.
- Facilitator, Balcones Canyonlands Conservation Plan Citizen Advisory Committee, 1998.
- Facilitator, Association of Independent Video and Film Makers
Strategic Planning Retreat, April 2000.
- Facilitator, Texas State Bar Litigation Council Strategic Planning
March 2000, April 2001.
- Facilitator, Texas State Bar ADR Council Strategic Planning Session, August 2001.
Sam Graham Attorney - Mediator- Arbitrator (1990 - present)
Barron, Graham & Adler (1986-1990)
Barron & Graham (1982-1986)
- Practice limited to Eminent Domain, Complex Real Estate Litigation and Contested Administrative Proceedings.
Law Offices of Sam Graham (1980-1982)
- Began practice limitation: Complex Civil Litigation, Contested Administrative Cases.
Weeks Chapman Moore & Graham (1979-1980)
- General Civil Litigation
Special Assistant Attorney General of Texas (1979-1983)
- Outside Counsel appointed to represent Conservator in prosecuting Duval County Conservation District, Bank Fraud Cases.
Assistant Attorney General of Texas (1975-1979)
- Environmental Protection, Consumer and Tort Claims Divisions.
- Docket evolved from Statutory Enforcement Actions to Complex Multi-Party Claims against the State of Texas, its agencies and educational institutions including medical mal-practice claims.
Speeches and Seminars
- Speaker and Faculty Member, Center for International Legal Studies International Mediation Symposium, Salzburg, Austria, June 11-15, 2015
- Texas State Bar ADR Section: 2015; Speaker, "Arbitration and Mediation in Elder Law," Jan. 25, 2015
- Speaker, Association of Attorney Mediators Awards Meeting, 2002, 2008.
- Fiduciary Litigation 2004, Litigation Section of the Texas State Bar, Houston, May 2004
- Probate Mediation, Houston Bar Association, Probate Section, June 2002
- "Dealing with Emotional Aspects in Mediation: Probate," Association of Attorney-Mediators, Houston, March 2000
- "Charting Your Way Through Emotional Waters in Probate Mediation," Effective Resolution of Disputes in the New Millennium, Perceptions, Myths, and the Law, St. Mary's Law Journal Symposium, St. Marys University School of Law, March 2000
- "Mediating Employment Disputes," Labor & Employment Law Seminar, Travis County Bar Association, Sept. 1999
- "Mediating Probate and Estate Matters," Travis County Bar Association ADR Seminar, June 1999
- "Mediation in Trusts, Estates, and Guardianships," Advanced Estate Planning & Probate Law Course, State Bar of Texas Professional Development, Probate Section, June 1998
- "Reinventing Yourself as a Mediator," Texas Association of Mediators Annual Meeting, March, 1998
- "Advanced Negotiation II," State Bar of Texas Professional Development Program, Sept., 1995.
- "Mediation of a Car Wreck," Car Wrecks Seminar, TTLA, March, 1994
- "Discovery Tactics in an Eminent Domain Case," Attorney General's Conference on Eminent Domain, Austin, October 1987
- Licensed to Practice Law, Texas Supreme Court, May 9, 1975
- Admitted to U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas and U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating AV
- City of Austin Electric Utility Commission, Chairman 1979-1982
- Faculty, Texas College of Trial Advocacy, 1983 - 1990, 1992
- Association of Attorney-Mediators, Director and Secretary
- Central Texas Chapter, Association of Attorney-Mediators, President
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Travis County Bar Association, Fellow and Member
- Member Training Staff, "Advanced Negotiation II," State Bar of Texas Professional Development Program, September, 1995.
- SXSW Film Festival Selection Committee, 1997-2006
- Fulbright Scholar 2012-2014